Now, what exactly is WordPress? It is the easiest and most simplistic way to develop and design a website for our business. Now the question is, what sort of website could we create? We could design types of websites like blogs, websites for business, portfolios, and many more.
WordPress website has been gaining popularity because of its customizable design and easy UI. It also provides security to our content and is SEO-friendly.
Still, confused and not convinced? Well, keep reading. In this blog, we would be discussing the ultimate guide to wordpress design and development.
History of WordPress
WordPress was released on May 27, 2003. And it was developed by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. Meanwhile, its name was proposed by a friend of Matt.
A total of 41 versions of WordPress have been released. The last one was released on March 9, 2021. And the latest version is the stable one, while most of the old versions are not in use and are not maintained.
WordPress is open source, and this is the prime feature of WordPress. Now, when people hear open-source, they think that everything would be free. But it is not correct. Now, what exactly is open-source software?
Opensource software is the means of changing the source code. And wordpress web development services include any user and read, study, change, and modify the code.
What Skills Should We Have?
Why Should We Use WordPress?
- WordPress is flexible and is designed to operate on any platform. You could create any website and can also publish your blogs or content. Meanwhile, you can also use it for business purposes and can also showcase your portfolio. Most people these days use WordPress to showcase their portfolio to secure a job.
- It is open-source and user-friendly. You could easily modify, change, and update the source code and hence provide flexibility. It means that you could get yourself a free website designed according to your preferences.
- wordpress design and development allows you to change themes and also provides plugins. What exactly is plugging? Plugins are the design code to add extra functionality to our website. You could also use the basic ones or can buy the premium packages. You can change and update the appearance and theme of your website anytime and hence can change the look.
- WordPress websites are responsive and can be manageable. You can also design them for an elegant look. These websites are user-friendly and hence can easily be operated on. Whether you want to use it on OS or windows, you can do so.
- It is also SEO-friendly, which means that you can effortlessly draw traffic to your website.
Difference Between wordpress.org and wordress.com?
The difference between these two is broad, but some people still think that they are the same. And the more reasons to know the difference between these two. Whenever people think about WordPress, they assume that it is open-source and free. And this is the case when we use wordpress.org.
One of the factors is who hosts the website. WordPress.com takes care of the website itself. But you lose the flexibility and cannot make any changes. Meanwhile in wordpress.org is free and open-source software. It allows you to host your website and can create it the way you want.
Now the question is, what type of website should we have? If you wish to own a website for your gains, then wordpress.org is the best one.
Now, how could we get ourselves an effective website? The best wordpress development company around the world can help you in this case. Now, you do not have to learn any skills or tactics and get help from professionals at a moderate cost.